Looking for something? You can search This Blog

Thursday, May 3, 2018

About Doing Stuff You Don't Want to Do.

I know free advise it usually worth what you pay for it, but sometimes it is worth a lot more than you can imagine, especially if it is found to be practical and useful, and easy to implement. So, Hopefully, what I am about to share fits the bill for you and/or anyone who wants to give it a try. The list you cited were for things you don't want to do. It is good to have that as a place to start. Now, I suggest instead of paying so much attention on what you don't like about doing those things, consider flipping the coin over and investigating what you do like about doing those things, whether it is an actual part of the doing, or the sense of completion, or any other positive which results from having completed something you initially didn't want to do. When we focus on what we want, where we find appreciation, and gratitude in the process, it is much easier than when we focus on the negative side of the coin, so to speak. That is to say, thinking, "Oh, it will take too long, or it is too hard, it hurts my back when I do that,..." The list goes on. When you pay attention to feeling good about what you are doing, you are likely to be better at it, and find time flies when you are doing it. The opposite is true when you hate doing something, but do it anyway. If you hate doing something, the experience of doing it just fuels the "I hate doing this" attitude. And who gets to suffer? You do. A simple shift towards the feelings of appreciation in doing it, makes a lot of difference, and encourages you to take on other tasks you don't want to do. When I was a child living at home with my parents, one of my chores was doing the dishes. I hated it because of the slimy feel of dirty plates, etc. One day, I decided to pretend I loved doing the dishes, like it was my favorite thing to do, and guess what, that made all the difference in the world. It was actually fun for the first time in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment