Looking for something? You can search This Blog

Friday, July 29, 2011

A Point of Perception

A Point of Perception.
By Jerome Dechant
July 29, 2011

(Preface: I used "Dragon Speak" to generate this blog, so it has a different feel, than my prior blogs. I apologize if it seems less coherent than normal. The spirit that moves me needs to become accustom to this new method if I am to continue to use it. Additional note: After reading this post again, I see I still need to do more editing on it.)

A lot of what we are aware of in any given moment, we take for granted that this is just the way it is, but consider this for example; A blind person, if he/she was suddenly able to see, would find what he/ she was seeing as unrecognizable, strange and unusual because he/she has never seen before. We’ve grown up from the first day of our incarnation into these physical bodies with senses and abilities that have been with us from day one. As we’ve grown and matured, a recognition and ability to function with these capabilities, these senses, has grown and matured with us so that being able to see, is not even thought of, and being able to hear, is not even thought of, and so forth for all our sense abilities.

If you think about it, now that you're reading what I've written, the ability to do so is really amazing. To distinguish not only the colors but the lines of black and white colors, and the meaning associated with these dark lines on a light background is really amazing. To a blind person who has never seen, none of this would make sense. It would just be patterns of lines on a solid looking surface. There is an ability to understand what is presented here as written words because of our exposure to, and learning what we are seeing is, and associating a meaning to it.

If you've never seen before, if you've never heard before, whatever those senses present to you would be meaningless because you have no frame of reference to defined it, no background of information to associate with and correlate what you're seeing and hearing with what you're seeing and hearing as meaning are having a meaning.

Close your eyes for a moment and notice not seeing. With your eyes closed you can't read this. In the same way, a person who is blind has no ability to visually read this no matter how hard he/she might try. Vision is necessary to be able to read, essential to being able to read what is written. Of course there are other ways that what is written can be comprehended, for example an audible version of what is written here could be created so that a person a blind person who could hear would be able to comprehend the message that is contained here. There are alternate paths where we can come to the same understanding and if we don't have the capability to go down one path, generally there are alternate means to every get to the same place.

You being able to read this right now is something not everyone can do, not only because some people are blind, but also because the medium you are being able to receive this through isn't ubiquitous. That is to say not everybody in the world has a computer, not everyone in the world has access to the Internet. Not everyone in the world reads and understands the English language. This being true, it is a fact the majority of people on this planet have no access to this blog. In order to read my blogs, they have to get access to a computer with an internet connection and be able to read and understand English. Not only that, but they’d have to be aware this blog exists and be able to find it. There are alternate means where people who don't have these capabilities can access the messages contained in my blogs; you as a person who has the capability can share the message with others in what other whatever way is available to you to share it with them. This implies you have an interest and desire to share this. It implies you realize value in what I present so much so that you desire to let others know about it so they can benefit from it as well. Writing here about sharing this stuff, I'm not limiting the sharing to just this blog, but other blogs I’ve written as well which have content a broader audience could find to be of value.

I look at my blog subscribers list. There are only three people who’ve chosen to subscribe. By looking at the statistics for my site, I can see more than three people are reading my blogs and I'm glad of that, but it would be nice if there were more people who benefited from what I have written here in my blogs.

How many people are on planet Earth? Do you know? Is it billions of people? Consider this, you as one person amongst the billions of people on this planet, could be thought to be very fortunate to be reading this right now. I might even say you are a very special person, in a select and elite class, sort of like in the very old days when only an elite class of people was allowed to have certain information the general populace would never be exposed to, would never be aware of. You are one of those people right now because you are reading this, and the majority of people on earth, have no idea this blog exists and will never see it. Do you understand how special you are? Do you understand how privileged you are? I'm not saying this because I think I'm something special, (but really I am, and so are you,) I'm not saying any of this because of my ego. I'm saying this because of the very fact that that there are so few people who see this blog, who read this blog, who have access to it out of billions of people on this planet. Literally, there is just a handful of people whose eyes gaze upon these words. To me, that makes you very special. Because you truly are special, I am honored and I appreciate you taking the time to read my blogs.

What is the value of anything if it is not shared or known by anyone? What value would what I write have to anyone other than me, if I never shared any of it? What value is there in sharing this information with only a few people? Is there so little value here that it should not be shared with a broader audience? Maybe so, maybe not. The fact that there are so few people who read my blogs may be indicative of something. It possibly indicates that what I have to offer to you, to the world, is not found to be worth the time and effort to consider it. Because my audience is so small does that mean what I share with the world is of so little value? No, I don't think so. I think what I have to share is of great value but the masses haven't found me yet, haven't found what I have written yet. They haven’t a clue as to what they are missing.

The great thing about this blog is this; those of you who are reading this right now, are reading this by your own choice. I didn't make you come to my blog site and read this. If you're reading this, you’re doing so because you want to, because you feel there's some value in what I have to say. As recipient of this value, the value you gain you carry within you whether you practice the principles, philosophy or processes are not. The value is within you because you have the ability to share to spread it so that others appreciate the value of the teachings. The best way for others to appreciate the value of the teaching is through application in life expression; otherwise it's just words on page. By embodying the ideas and concepts, the philosophy, the approach to life, your embodiment of that is a greater teacher than setting in front of the computer and reading this. But you sitting here in front of the computer reading this enables you to absorb and embody what is presented. And just like the choice you made to read this, it's a choice you also have to embody these thoughts and ideas, this philosophy and principles or not. I certainly can't make you do anything. I don’t want to make anybody do anything. But I do encourage you to do things that are life supporting, healthy and empowering for you in your life journey in your life expression.

Like everyone who comes into life expression on this planet, we have a beginning and an end. There will come a time when I am no longer physically present. Hopefully though, these blogs will endure far longer than my physical body does. And as this blog delivers value beyond my physical life expression, it has the potential to reach generations to come, if can find it, if they choose to read it. Or my blogs could just simply vanish, be deleted because of lack of interest or lack of awareness that there is value in them. Once I'm gone, whether anything I've ever written is ever read again is of little consequence to me personally, but could be of great consequence to those who avail themselves of my writings.

This is the first time I've used Dragon speaks to dictate/write a blog, so it's a different approach for me and how what I write comes through feels different. In order to maintain the train of thought better, I haven't put in punctuation or grammatical stuff in while I’ve been dictating this. I will have to read through this again and do all the grammatical stuff manually as part of my editing process.

While this software is pretty good at recognizing words it's not perfect. Like the software, while I have a pretty good understanding of what I present, my understanding isn’t perfect. I hope you will take this idea with you as you move on with your life expression; that even though you may develop a good understanding, there is always more to know, learn and understand. Being aware of this innate limitation and open to going beyond it, enables you to grow, to always endeavoring to go beyond where you are, and what you already know. That is what learning is.

Thank you for reading. I hope you find this worth sharing.

Best regards,
Jerry.

No comments:

Post a Comment